I was talking about resolutions the other day and Eric asked me incredulously if I actually sit down and make resolutions every year. I don’t, but I do spend time at the end of the year to think about things I’d like to do and things I’d like to change.
These then are the sorts of things I’ve been thinking about:
- Read more books. I only read 23 books last year, but many of them were very long and intense books. I think I can do better than 23 this year, especially if I spend less time screwing around on the internet.
- Read more books in genre, especially recent urban fantasy and horror. If I am going to write urban fantasy and horror, I should probably be reading it.
- Run a half marathon. I’m doing 9 mile runs now so unless I get injured I should be able to do this. (there is about a 50/50 chance I will get injured.)
- Successfully do pull-ups. Almost there now. Pull-ups are badass. I will end the year being badass.
- Less social networking (on the internet). More social networking (off the internet).
- Finish the novel I’ve been working on. Figure out what to do with the novel I’ve been working on.
- Write more in general, in increments larger than 140 characters.
- Stop fussing.
- Get rid of more of the crap I’ve been tracking around for years. Be realistic about the hobbies I actually do versus the ones I just think I might do again because I am pathetically still trying to hold onto my 20′s. (this one is really hard.)
- Finish the shed/chicken coop. (maybe.) (sigh.)
Most of all:
- Be Notable.